Badger State Lofts is the conversion a former tannery complex into a mixed-use residential community in downtown Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Once completed, the project will provide 118 “loft style” apartment units targeting the local workforce, interior parking, and an abundance of community and amenity space. The tannery’s old boiler house and engine room will be converted into approximately 8,000sf of commercial/retail space. The project is a focal point in the effort to revitalize the southern portion of downtown Sheboygan and will act as a catalyst for future development and implementation of the City and County’s master plan for their Innovation District, a thriving live-work-play district designed to facilitate innovation, entrepreneurship, employment, and education.
- FreshTech partners with innovation expert
- Innovation District planning pivots, but doesn’t halt, in response to pandemic
- Sander named Wisconsin Internet of Things Council’s coordinator
- Innovation District will be connected to bike path converted from railroad tracks
- Officials hope to break ground this year on new innovation district in Sheboygan County